User Testing: Product Page Updates
I. Exploratory Testing: Study Design
Buy Online Pick Up In Store Test Details
Subject Cohort: Employee
Number of Subjects: 7
1. Understand the user's mental model around "Ship It" versus "Pick Up In Store"
2. Assess conceptual understanding of radio button approach + check box approach
1. User must be able to add to cart with minimal friction
2. User must understand difference between pick it up and ship it options
Task/Talk Aloud Instruction
Open-ended, encourage interaction, provide NO clues, keep user focused on goal of adding to basket
[ TASK SETUP ]
We are going to start on a category page. Please pretend you have reviewed the details of this dress in a previous session and have decided you want to purchase it. There are no rules, or specific instructions, we’d just like you to talk through the process as you add this product to your shopping basket.
[ SCREENS TO SUPPORT PROTOTYPE ]
- Category Grid: Direct user to add XXX dress to cart.
- PDP: radio button controls
- PDP: checkbox
[ ROUTES TO ANTICIPATE FOR PROBES ]
- PDP ---> Selects Pick it Up -----> CTA changes (watch for user acknowledgment of CTA copy)
- PDP ---> Change Store
- PDP ---> Confusion/Discussion of radio button terminology
- PDP --> Add to Basket (confirm minimal friction)
[ DEBRIEF ]
II. Assessment Testing: Study Design